Topics Map > WiscList
Topics Map > Support docs for WiscList Beta program
WiscList (Advanced) - Creating a Welcome Message
A welcome message document can be configured for a WiscList mailing list, which is sent out to new members when they join.
Note: This document only applies to members who subscribe themselves to the list. The hello document is not sent to members who have been added manually by list administrators.
Step 1 - Create Welcome Document
- Log into the WiscList ListManager interface. (See: WiscList - Advanced List Management (List Manager))
- Verify the list you want to work with is selected. (See: WiscList (Advanced) - Working with Multiple Lists)
- Click the Utilities button on the left side of the interface to open the Utilities submenu.
- Highlight Automated Messages, then click Document Content.
- In the Document Content window, click Create New.
- You will now be presented with the Create New Content window. Here, you compose the message that will be sent to
members when they join the list.
- In the Essentials tab, enter the Content Name and Description. These are used internally to identify the document. List members will not see this information.
- Enter a name and e-mail address in the From: box. This will be displayed in the recipient's email client as the sender of the message.
- Leave %%nameemail%% in the To: box.
- Enter a subject for the email message in the Subject box.
- Click the Text Message tab to compose the welcome message in plain text.
- Optional: Click the HTML Message tab to compose the welcome message in HTML / Rich Text.
Note:If you compose an HTML message, it is highly recommended that you also compose a plain text alternative in the Text Message tab for users who cannot display HTML in their email clients.
To make it easy, you can click the HTML to Text button in the Text Message tab to convert your HTML content into plain text.
- Click Save to save your document.
Step 2 - Associate Document as "Hello" Document
- Highlight Automated Messages, then click Document Associations.
- In the Document Associations window, click Create New.
- In the New Document Association window, set Message Type to List Hello Document.
- Under Document, select the document content you just created.
- Set Default? to yes.
- Click Save to save the document association.
Your list is now configured with a welcome document. Members will receive an e-mail containing the content you just created when they subscribe to your list. Note: Members will NOT receive a welcome document if you manually add them to the list.